Kingsbrook Animal Hospital's Blog: Katie- newly graduated from tech school, about to sit for national boards

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Katie- newly graduated from tech school, about to sit for national boards


Ever since I was a child, I have always known that I wanted to work with animals and my family can attest to the fact that I tried to adopt or find homes for every sick or stray animal I encountered.  I had the opportunity, shortly after graduating high school, to work in an animal shelter and to intern at a vet clinic in Hagerstown.  It was during that point that I decided I wanted to be a veterinary technician.  I was in awe of everything the technicians could do!  I was also anxious to work in a field where it was not to late to help an animal, which was unfortunately often the case at the Humane Society.  I decided to go to Wilson college and get a four year degree in veterinary medical technology.  I graduated this past spring, and I am anxiously waiting to take my boards to become licensed in November!  
 
I have been so fortunate to find a home at Kingsbrook Animal Hospital in Frederick, MD!  The veterinarians not only appreciate the skill set that has been devloped and practiced for the four years of my schooling, and also truly value the education in which I have invested.  I love being in a field where continuing education is not only encouraged, but required as we all know how the veterinary field can change and evolve.  Here at Kingsbrook Animal Hospital compassionate, knowledge care is at the heart of everything we do, and I get to work in a field where I learn something new everyday.  
 
Written by Katie Bruner