Kingsbrook Animal Hospital's Blog: What's in a Name?

Friday, May 28, 2010

What's in a Name?


Kylie's Miss Behavin'

I met my new mom today when she came to take me to my forever home. I lived on a farm and was a little smelly, so we stopped for a bath at PetSmart. My mom bought me food, bones, a collar and leash, lots of toys and a shiny new name tag.
When we got home, I met the rest of the family. I don't think the cat was happy to have a new sister. But she'll just have to adjust because I'm a city dog now. I have a big yard and I get to sleep under the covers with my mom and dad. Ohhh, this is the life!

The next morning, mom and dad let me outside to do my business before they went to work. What's work? Do I get to go too? I guess not. I decided to eat my breakfast and then take a nap. After my nap, I got a little bored and decided that the couch wasn't soft enough so I decided to remove some stuffing. That's much better. OK, I'm still bored. How long is work? When are mom and dad coming home? I'll just go find them.

I look at the door where they went to work. I try the knob but it won't turn. HMMMMMM. Wait, there's a window close to the door and I can see outside. I scratch at the window and the screen tore. Too small, I can't fit through. I'll just scratch a little more and squeeze. Free at last!

Which way is work? I'll try this way. I say hi to the neighbor and he calls me over to be petted. He grabs me, calls my grandpa and tells him I'm a bad dog.

Pap comes to get me and takes me to his house until mom and dad get home from work. He locks me in the kitchen but he left the window over the sink cracked a little. I remember how to open it, so I jump on the sink, squeeze out the window and the search is on again.

Pap sees me go out the window and he comes running. He's yelling lots of words I've never heard before, especially when he steps on a rock in his bare feet. I keep running. Pap keeps chasing me. This is so much fun, but why is he calling me a bad dog? I was just bored.

Finally mom and dad come home from work. Pap called to tell them where I was and that I was a bad dog. Mom was laughing so hard I thought she was going to make a puddle. We were so happy to see each other. She took me to PetSmart again and bought me another present. She called it a crate.