Kingsbrook Animal Hospital's Blog: Canine Good Citizen

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Canine Good Citizen


My family goes to the Mid-Atlantic Basenji club fun match every year and have the goodest time. We won best costume last year. My mommy was dressed as a queen bee and my sissy and I were bumblebees too. I even had a stinger on my butt.

There was this thing called the AKC Canine Good Citizen Test and mommy put my sissy and me in it. There were 10 different excercises that we had to do to prove to the judge that we are good doggies. I passed all 10 with flying colors and the judge gave me a pretty green ribbon. All the people at the match clapped for me and mommy was proud as a peacock.

My sissy failed one section. Mommy put her in a sit stay and every time she would get 10 feet away from her sissy would get up to follow her. I think Kylie was a duckling in a past life since she follows mommy everywhere she goes. Mommy said that's OK, she will work with sissy and she will pass next time.

Fine by me, that means I have the spotlight all to myself.

For more information on Canine Good Citizen testing check out http://www.akc.org/events/cgc/index.cfm