Kingsbrook Animal Hospital's Blog: My 5K Run

Thursday, January 15, 2009

My 5K Run


Hi, this is Clover, the world's most well behaved Beagle. Woof!
I wanted to tell you about my exciting adventure.

My dad, my sister and I recently participated in our neighborhood Kentlands/Lakekand 5K run. Since my dad and I walk five miles a few times a week, 5K was...What do you say, a piece of cake? Yeah, that. I loved feeling the breeze between my long, floppy ears. I also loved how people admired my speed and athleticism. It was almost as if I was born to be a runner. Don't I look great with the big red numbers across my chest?

I wanted to run as fast as I could and finish in the top ten, but my dad and my sister wanted me to run at their pace. I tried to help them run a little faster by pulling on my leash. My dad did not appreciate that at all. I guess they were getting tired towards the end. I wonder if they were jealous of my energy and four-legged-ness. I will have to ask my sister.

It was a historical day for me. As far as I know, I am the first canine to have participated in my neighborhood 5K run. I can't wait until next year to do this again. Maybe my mom will join us then.